District 5500 Forms
Welcome to Rotary Club of Tucson Presidio
Mona Lisa P. Teves
Global Grant Summer Internship Report
The highlights on my 7-week summer internship in the Philippines. With the help of around 30 volunteers whom we have assembled for this UMWAD project, the following planned activities have been conducted :
- Census of (all) 542 families of Baybay Norte. All data from the 14-page questionnaire have been encoded and initially processed by a professional statistician. The dedication and commitment
- 4 Consultative meetings with local Technical experts on Livelihood, Governance and Local Fishing
- 1-day Medical Mission servicing almost 600 Baybay Norte indigent residents and children
- 200 indigent school children provided raincoats by Rotary International District 3850
- Focus Group Discussions (FGD) with Fisherfolks and Subana (Fisherfolks’ Wives Association)
- FGD with youth representatives
- Strategic Planning with key leaders from the Community
- Closing Ceremony to recognize efforts of all volunteers
- Umwad Commemorative Magazine
Armory Park - Senior Thanksgiving Dinner
In lieu of our committee meetings this week we will help serve Thanksgiving Dinner to the Seniors at Armory Park. Everyone should meet at 220 S. 5th Avenue at 11:30 am, Wednesday, November 23, 2016. This is a wonderful opportunity to start the holiday season off right!
Rotary Membership Information
1. Attend 2 regular meetings or functions per month
2. Actively volunteer in the 2 annual fundraiser events, day of and/or planning of event
3. Participate in 2 service events each fiscal year
4. Pay Quarterly dues
When & Where:
1st & 3rd Wednesday of month – Regular meeting with speaker
2nd Wednesday of month – Business meeting
4th Wednesday of month – Committee meeting (place and time agreed upon by committee)
5th Wednesday of month (months with 5 weeks) – Scheduled mixer with other Rotary groups at various locations.
Regular and Business meetings start promptly at 12:00 noon with lunch served at 11:45.
Board meetings (prior to Business meeting) 10:45 am
Types Costs of Memberships: Individual Member:
$175.00 per quarter
$25.00 recommended donation to Paul Harris Foundation per quarter
Can bring one guest, potential new member per quarter to meeting with lunch provided by Rotary club
$500.00 per quarter
$25.00 recommended donations to Paul Harris Foundation per quarter
2 main members
Each member can bring one guest, potential new member per quarter to meeting with lunch provided by Rotary club
Company Logo on our website
Advertising opportunities at functions and events
Must meet the Rotary criteria/requirements
All members are required to sell or purchase 20 tickets to either one or both of our fund raising events.
Our newest member, Leon, inducted into the club by the power duo of DG Sheryl Christenson and President Margie Lannon. Welcome Leon!
President Margie Lannon presenting a gavel to the President's of the Presidio School Interact Club.
Our newest club member, Andrew Barbour, with President Margie and sponsor Ted Borek.